To make this process easier, we recommend that you prepare in the following way:
- Check the contents of drawers, removing all spillables and breakables.
- It is important to remove all jewelry, coins, or personal items from your drawers.
- Empty fluids from all small appliances.
- Defrost and clean the refrigerators and freezers so they dry at least 24 hours before the movers arrive. Failure to have the appliances completely dry can lead to mildew throughout your shipment.
- Leave all kitchen items in their cabinets. It is easier for the packers to remove and pack them from normal storage areas.
- Detach items you plan to move which are mounted to the walls such as curtain rods, TV brackets, light fixtures, etc. Your moving team will remove mirrors and pictures from the wall when they are ready to pack.
- Designate one area as off limits. Put all the items that you will be carrying personally in that area.